Are you looking for success? One common trait of successful people is intentional behavior.
Being intentional means having a clear purpose and focus for everything you do. It is about seeing the specific results you want and taking action to achieve them.
Being intentional doesn’t mean you need to overhaul your life or create major change. Being intentional is about being more thoughtful about how you spend your time each day so you can succeed and lead a better and more fulfilling life. We live in a world full of distractions that can keep us from being our best self and achieving our goals. When we are intentional, we can stop being distracted and concentrate on what really matters.
Here are four ways that you can be intentional:
- Set clear goals: The first way that you can be intentional is by setting clear goals for yourself. Define what success looks like for you, then break down those goals into smaller, attainable steps.
- Create a plan of action: Once you have identified your goals, create a plan of action on how to achieve them. Big goals are accomplished by doing small tasks consistently over time. Determine how you can make hte best use of your time on an everyday basis to help you move forward. Identify any resources or help needed to complete each task and reach out to get them if necessary. Having a plan of action will keep you organized and motivated while working towards your goals.
- Tune out distractions: On your road to success, there will be lots of noise you’ll need to tune out. Being intentional is all about staying focused at the moment, even when there are distractions.
- Refocus as needed: Sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise that require changes in plans or even entirely new plans. That’s okay! With your goal in mind, be flexible and problem-solve to make your goal happen.
- Do you think you are intentional about how you use your time and energy?
- What are two goals that intentionality would help you achieve?
- How could you be more intentional this month?