STAYING HEALTHY DURING THE COLD MONTHS
It’s the holiday season — but it’s also cold and flu season. Staying healthy during the cold months can be a little extra challenging for our bodies.
None of us want to be sidelined by an unexpected illness, so how can we stay healthy during the winter months? Luckily, there are things that we can do to make sure we are giving our bodies an immunity boost so we can stay healthy and stay in the game:
- Wash your hands: You touch many things throughout the day. Make sure you are rinsing those germs off of your hands, especially before you eat.
- Get enough sleep: Rest helps our bodies stay strong and fight infections. Try to get 7 to 9 hours of sleep most nights. If you’re feeling extra tired, listen to your body and get more rest.
- Move your body: Cold weather can sometimes make our bodies feel stiff. Help your body improve its circulation and stay limber by doing stretches before your shift begins.
- Eat nutritious foods: Keep your body fueled with nutritious foods that give you energy and vitamins. Consider adding some immune-boosting winter fruits and veggies into your diet, like oranges and broccoli.
- Stay hydrated: Dry winter air can make you feel dehydrated, not to mention, good hydration can help your immune system stay strong. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
- Manage your emotions: Your emotional health impacts your physical health. To help your body stay healthy, make sure you are taking care of your mental health too.
- What is one healthy habit you can start doing to stay healthy for the winter?
- Which healthy habit are you best at doing?