MBV Conversion Update
Wow! We had 28 Teammates convert over to Mercedes during the month of May! Congratulations to them and we wish them nothing but the best in their continued career growth here at MBV and greatly appreciate their hard work and dedication! Mercedes continues to have classes every 2 weeks so more Teammates will be transitioned every month. We encourage Teammates with questions about the conversion process to reach out to their Team Relations Representative.
June Holiday Reminder
MBV will be observing a new holiday this year, Juneteenth! It will be observed for 3rd shift on 6/19, 1st and 2nd shift on 6/20.
Summer Shutdown Info
Week 1 – 7/3 – 7/9
- The plant will shut down after second shift on Friday, July 1st
- As previously communicated, Monday, July 4th will be a paid holiday for all team members.
- 3 Shutdown Days will be allocated for hourly Team Members (July 5th -July 7th for 1st and 2nd shift; July 3rd, July 5th – July 6th for 3rd shift)
- Team Members are required to work the scheduled shift before and after the Shutdown Days to be eligible.
Week 2 – 7/10 to 7/15
- Each Team Member will be scheduled for at least 1 production shift & 1 training shift. Team Members will receive their individual dates for training and production shifts from their supervisor by the end of March 2022.
- Note: Production shifts will all have to be scheduled from 6am-2:15pm for all shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd), due to necessary line adjustments later that day.
June Saturday Schedule
Please see list below of planned Saturday shifts for all shops:
*Please note that each shop may schedule additional Saturday in addition to these*
PPE and Dress Code Standards
MBV and Ōnin are focused on promoting a positive work environment. One step in that process is to ensure adherence to dress code, safety, and hair & nail standards. Please see an outline of those below.
Ōnin Teammate Dress Code:
Please see list of clothing that is not approved to be worn onsite:
- Pants with metal grommets
- Pants that are ripped, inappropriate, or revealing
- Tops that are sleeveless, inappropriate, or revealing
- Shorts (Exception: Below the knee length in Shop-Floor area only – Spandex is not permitted) Assembly and Paint
- Open-toed shoes
- Painter/Carpenter/Cargo style pants – no loops permitted
- Leggins or yoga type pants in any area
Hair and Nails:
Fingernail length must not exceed 1/4 inch beyond the end of the finger.
Long hair must be secured above the shoulders.
Earrings must not be larger than a dime.
Jewelry must be tucked in clothing or covered.
Headphones, AirPods or any earbuds are not allowed on the production floor at any time.
Let’s make June a wonderful month. Thank you for all your hard work in helping MBV meet their production goals!