During the Mercedes Benz Winter shutdown, Teammates are required to touch base via phone
with their Team Relations Rep once per week.
We know many of you have questions regarding pay during Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming shutdown. We have listed below all information regarding shutdown dates, pay during shutdown, and eligibility requirements. Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Team Relations Rep.
Winter Shutdown Dates
- MBV will be shutdown Sunday, December 18 – Monday, January 16, 2023.
- The last day of production is scheduled for Friday, December 16, 2022.
- Full production will resume with 1st shift on Tuesday, January 17, 2023.
Pay During Shutdown Period
- December 18-24 – Eligible Teammates will receive 3 Floating Holidays and 1 Holiday (4 days total).
- December 25-31 – Eligible Teammates will receive 2 Floating Holidays and 2 Holidays (4 days total).
- January 1-7 – Eligible Teammates will receive 3 Floating Holidays and 1 Holiday (4 days total)
- January 8-14 – Eligible Teammates will receive 1 Floating Holiday and will attend 2 mandatory training and line testing.
- All activities in that week take place from 6am-2:15pm.
- Floating Holidays will be paid out at your normal hourly rate.
- Holidays will be paid out at the base rate of $16.50.
- Teammates must work their last full scheduled shift before the winter shutdown.
- Teammates will be required to check in with our Onsite Team every week to remain eligible for pay during the shutdown.
- Teammates must report to mandatory training and line testing the week of January 8-14.
- Teammates must review and electronically sign the 2023 attendance policy updates by 12/23/2022.
Please refer to the shift schedule for further details.