How to Make a Little Progress Add Up to Big Results
Almost every major success is the result of small steps repeated consistently over time. While it may sound cheesy, it’s true!
The power of small steps really can create big accomplishments. When you have a goal, breaking it down into smaller steps is key to its success. Even if the task is small, consistency is what matters most. With repetition and purposeful action, you can make your goals a reality.
Let’s break down how using small increments of progress can build big results:
- Start with a Plan: Make sure you have clear objectives and understand what needs to be done in order to reach your goals. This means having an idea of which tasks and what kind of habits need to be completed each day or week in order for your goal to be reached.
- Break Down Tasks Into Smaller Pieces: Breaking down tasks into smaller pieces makes them easier to complete over time. It also helps you keep track of your progress – when all of the smaller elements are finished, then you know that the larger goal has been accomplished too.
- Be Consistent: Consistency is key; without it, even the most well-thought-out plans will fail miserably. You don’t want any lost momentum at any point in time, so make sure that every day or week, you are taking action towards reaching your end goal — no matter how small those steps may seem at first glance.
- Celebrate Small Victories: Acknowledge each step taken toward reaching your goal – no matter how small they may seem at first glance! Celebrating minor victories can give you motivation and confidence that your efforts will eventually pay off with bigger results down the line!
- Why do you think being consistent is so important to career success?
- Think of an accomplishment you’ve made. What role did small habits and actions play in achieving that big accomplishment?
- Think of a current goal. What little habits and actions can you repeat consistently to make that goal happen?