How Confidence Can Help You Succeed
Have confidence that you can do it: You can do your job, you can do things that are hard, you have the power to make your big goals come true. When you believe in yourself, it’s much easier to feel motivated, perform difficult tasks, and accomplish harder goals. And the more you do these things, the more confident you will become.
Building confidence isn’t easy for many people. In fact, gaining healthy confidence is a skill, and like any other skill, it takes time and effort to develop. Here’s how you can get started building confidence:
- Follow Through: When you make promises to yourself and others, make sure to follow through and fulfill your promise. This takes discipline, hard work and willpower, which will put you on the fast track to building confidence.
- Do Hard Things: Try to do things that are difficult, but doable. By successfully doing something that is difficult, you will become more and more confident in your abilities.
- Be Willing to Hear Feedback: Every now and then, you will be called out for making mistakes. As a confident person, you know you are capable of correcting those mistakes, so you can take tough feedback without feeling insulted or angry.
- Remember That Confidence is Tied to Helping Others: A confident person does not have to put others down to make themselves look bigger. When you are confident, you will want to lift others up.
- It’s Okay to Fake it Till You Make It: Sometimes, we don’t feel confident, and that’s okay. When that is the case, ask yourself, “How would I act if I was the best version of myself?” and do your best impression of being that awesome person.
- Would you describe yourself as a confident person?
- Think of a confident person who you know. What kind of traits does that person have?
- What is the difference between someone who is arrogant and someone who is confident?