Picture Your Future
Think of something you want to accomplish. Imagine the moment you achieve your big goal like it is a scene in a movie. It turns out daydreaming can actually help you make your dreams come true. Imagining what your future will look like once you have met your goals will not only help you stay motivated, it can actually help you achieve your goals.
There’s an old saying, “As I think, so I feel, so I act.” By thinking about your goal and visualizing what it will look like, you will feel more motivated, and it will be easier to do the work it takes to achieve your goal. At the end of day, success always takes hard work, but you can use the power of your imagination to keep yourself feeling focused on your journey toward success.
Here’s how to help make your goals come to life with your imagination:
- Pick a goal: Success typically begins with a goal, so think deeply about what you really want out of life.
- Define your goal: Make sure that your goal is clear, defined and acheivable.
- Visualize meeting your goal: Imagine yourself having achieved your big goal. Picture what it looks like to have accomplished your goal like it is a movie scene. What is happening in that scene? Keep picturing this scene and adding details to your image of success.
- Visualize the Steps: Consider the steps you’ll need to meet your goal. Picture yourself taking those steps successfully. As you think, let your mind wander and brainstorm different ideas that will help you do those steps more effectively.
- Stay the Course: Big goals require you to take actions over a long period of time. That will take a lot of effort and discipline on your part, but by visualizing the end result, you can stay motivated and keep at it.
- If your life was a movie, what would the happy ending scene look like?
- Imagine a great day in your life. What would you be doing, and what kind of resources (money, relationships, other resources) would you need for that great day to occur?