HEALTH: STAYING SAFE AND PREVENTING ACCIDENTS AT WORK
When you’re at work, your safety is number one. Being smart and careful at work to prevent accidents helps you to look out for your own safety as well as the safety of your teammates. Taking precautions to avoid an accident in the first place is better than any cure for an accident that has already happened.
Here are some simple ways you can help prevent accidents at work:
- Wear all of your PPE all of the time.
- Know your back safety.
- Consider treating yourself with a professional massage every now and then.
- Do stretches.
- Find healthy ways to de-stress, unwind and stay positive.
- Take time to rest when you can.
- Keep good posture throughout your workday.
- Get enough sleep.
- Come to work alert and sober.
- Listen to your body.
- Of the list above, which element of safety do you think you are the best at doing? Which one are you struggling to do?
- What is one thing not on this list that you do to try to stay safe at work?